The definitions of words and phrases in §§ 101
, and 1502
of the Code, and the rules of construction in § 102
, govern their use in these rules. In addition, the following words and phrases used in these rules have the meanings indicated:
(1) "Bankruptcy clerk" means a clerk appointed pursuant to 28 U.S.C. 156 (b).
(2) "Bankruptcy Code" or "Code" means title 11 of the United States Code.
(3) "Clerk" means bankruptcy clerk, if one has been appointed, otherwise clerk of the district court.
(4) "Court" or "judge" means the judicial officer before whom a case or proceeding is pending.
(5) "Debtor." When any act is required by these rules to be performed by a debtor or when it is necessary to compel attendance of a debtor for examination and the debtor is not a natural person:
(A) if the debtor is a corporation, "debtor" includes, if designated by the court, any or all of its officers, members of its board of directors or trustees or of a similar controlling body, a controlling stockholder or member, or any other person in control;
(B) if the debtor is a partnership, "debtor" includes any or all of its general partners or, if designated by the court, any other person in control.
(6) "Firm" includes a partnership or professional corporation of attorneys or accountants.
(7) "Judgment" means any appealable order.
(8) "Mail" means first class, postage prepaid.
(9) "Notice provider" means any entity approved by the Administrative Office of the United States Courts to give notice to creditors under Rule 2002(g)(4)
(10) "Regular associate" means any attorney regularly employed by, associated with, or counsel to an individual or firm.
(11) "Trustee" includes a debtor in possession in a chapter 11 case.
(12) "United States trustee" includes an assistant United States trustee and any designee of the United States trustee.